Grace was purchased to fulfill a family dream. To safely, and comfortably introduce young children to ocean cruising in the South Pacific.
We chose a super strong, seaworthy yacht, that can cross any ocean in comfort. She has the sailing range, and motoring range to cross the Tasman- and to keep away from looming bad weather.
Grace is 48 foot 6 inches long, she draws just under 2 metres. She was built in Sweden in 2002.
Grace is an Australian registered yacht, with all G.S.T and stamp duty paid.
in 2014, we completed a major refit and systems upgrade, key areas of improvement were:
- Removed rig and replaced all standing rigging, and halyards
- Upgraded Radar, instruments, and plotters to latest Raymarine E series
- Installed Thrane and Thrane Satellite phone and internet, and upgraded all communications equipment
- Replaced working sails with Doyle Stratis
- Installed inner forestay Selden furler and Nos 4 headsail
- Fabricated and installed custom rear swim platform
- Removed and serviced Selden hydraulic furler
- Removed and serviced bottom rudder bearing
- Replaced high pressure water pump and membranes on watermaker
- Replaced house, and start batteries with Gel types
- Installed one line davit system
- resprayed Blue stripe on hull
- Replaced oven with Electric force 10 , and removed all gas from vessel.
- Installed stern, midships, and foredeck sun awnings
- Completely stripped and repainted antifoul
- 130m of new anchor chain
- Built new pushpit, and simplified arch and davit systems.
Full service of engine, generator and all systems, antifoul.
Installed stern pole with supergen wind generator, and outboard / man overboard retrieval gantry.
replaced Gori propellor with Flexofold – folding propeller.
Other Hallberg Rassy 46’s
Deck and Fittings